Location: Southwest or Central Nebraska, Northern Kansas-Oberlin area
Smooth and finish surfaces of poured concrete, such as sidewalks, roads, or curbs using a variety of hand and power tools. Align forms for sidewalks, curbs, or gutters; patch voids; and use saws to cut expansion joints.
• Check the forms that hold the concrete to see that they are properly constructed.
• Set the forms that hold concrete to the desired pitch and depth and align them.
• Spread, level, and smooth concrete, using rake, shovel, hand or power trowel, hand or power screed, and float.
• Monitor how the wind, heat, or cold affect the curing of the concrete throughout the entire process.
• Mold expansion joints and edges, using edging tools, jointers, and straightedge.
• Signal truck driver to position truck to facilitate pouring concrete and move chute to direct concrete on forms.
• Direct the casting of the concrete and supervise laborers who use shovels or special tools to spread it.
• Produce rough concrete surface, using broom.
• Apply hardening and sealing compounds to cure surface of concrete, and waterproof or restore surface.
• Operate power vibrator to compact concrete.
• Install anchor bolts, steel plates, door sills and other fixtures in freshly poured concrete or pattern or stamp the surface to provide a decorative finish.
• Wet surface to prepare for bonding, fill holes and cracks with grout or slurry, and smooth, using trowel.
• Waterproof or restore concrete surfaces, using appropriate compounds.
• Mix cement, sand, and water to produce concrete, grout, or slurry, using hoe, trowel, tamper, scraper, or concrete-mixing machine.
• Chip, scrape, and grind high spots, ridges, and rough projections to finish concrete, using pneumatic chisels, power grinders, or hand tools.
• Cut out damaged areas, drill holes for reinforcing rods, and position reinforcing rods to repair concrete, using power saw and drill.
• Wet concrete surface and rub with stone to smooth surface and obtain specified finish.
• Clean chipped area, using wire brush, and feel and observe surface to determine if it is rough or uneven.
• Build wooden molds, and clamp molds around area to be repaired, using hand tools.
• Fabricate concrete beams, columns, and panels.
• Polish surface, using polishing or surfacing machine.
• Push roller over surface to embed chips in surface.
If you would like to join our team, please print, fill out, and submit the application below.