Location: Curtis, Nebraska
Diesel Mechanic will diagnose, adjust, repair or overhaul mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment such as bulldozers, scrapers, excavators, motor graders, used in construction field. A top-notch heavy equipment mechanic can repair and service even the biggest machinery with expert care This is a long-term position with growth opportunity and advancement. Salary and benefits to match qualifications. Service vehicle furnished. Time will be divided between working on job site and in the local shop. Work week is M-F for 50-55 hours per week with anything over 40 hours per week paid as overtime. Depending on experience, wage will be between $25 and $35 per hour.
- Verifiable experience as diesel mechanic including the ability to troubleshoot.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Basic knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with other mechanics, machine operators, crew leaders and external contacts.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record required. CDL preferred but not required.
- Inspecting trucks, bulldozers and other heavy equipment for proper performance.
- Repair and/or replace damaged or worn parts.
- Clean, lubricate, and perform routine maintenance work on equipment and vehicles.
- Schedule maintenance for machines and equipment and keep equipment service records.
- Weld or solder broken parts and structural members, using electric or gas welders and soldering tools.
- Fabricate needed parts or items from sheet metal.
- Research and order parts for services and repairs.
- Adjust, maintain, and repair or replace subassemblies, such as transmissions and crawler heads, using hand tools, jacks, and cranes.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical and hydraulic systems.
- Overhaul and test machines or equipment to ensure operating efficiency.
- Fit bearings to adjust, repair, or overhaul mechanical, hydraulic or pneumatic equipment.
- Test mechanical products and equipment after repair to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacture’s specifications.
BSB Construction, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Pre-employment drug test required.
If you would like to join our team, please print, fill out, and submit the application below.