Location: Southwest or Central Nebraska, Northern Kansas area
Operate one or several types of power construction equipment, such as motor graders, bulldozers, scrapers, tractors, or front-end loaders to excavate, move, and grade earth. Will maintain equipment and may do minor repairs in addition to other duties. Wage will depend on experience. Will be required to do general labor work as needed.
• Locate underground services, such as pipes or wires, prior to beginning work.
• Adjust handwheels and depress pedals to control attachments, such as blades, buckets, scrapers, or swing booms.
• Start engines, move throttles, switches, or levers, or depress pedals to operate machines, such as bulldozers, trench excavators, road graders, or backhoes.
• Coordinate machine actions with other activities, positioning or moving loads in response to hand or audio signals from crew members.
• Load and move dirt, rocks, equipment, or other materials, using trucks, crawler tractors, power cranes, shovels, graders, or related equipment.
• Check fuel supplies at sites to ensure adequate availability.
• Drive and maneuver equipment equipped with blades in successive passes over working areas to remove topsoil, vegetation, or rocks or to distribute and level earth or terrain.
• Keep records of material or equipment usage or problems encountered.
• Align machines, cutterheads, or depth gauge makers with reference stakes and guidelines or ground or position equipment, following hand signals of other workers.
• Operate tractors or bulldozers to perform such tasks as clearing land, mixing sludge, trimming backfills, or building roadways or parking lots.
• Repair and maintain equipment, making emergency adjustments or assisting with major repairs as necessary.
• Connect hydraulic hoses, belts, mechanical linkages, or power takeoff shafts to tractors.
If you would like to join our team, please print, fill out, and submit the application below.