Location: Southwest or Central Nebraska, Northern Kansas-Oberlin area
Operate one or several types of power construction equipment, such as motor graders, bulldozers, scrapers, tractors, or front-end loaders to excavate, move, and grade earth. Will maintain equipment and may do minor repairs in addition to other duties. Wage will depend on experience.
• Locate underground services, such as pipes or wires, prior to beginning work.
• Adjust handwheels and depress pedals to control attachments, such as blades, buckets, scrapers, or swing booms.
• Start engines, move throttles, switches, or levers, or depress pedals to operate machines, such as bulldozers, trench excavators, road graders, or backhoes.
• Coordinate machine actions with other activities, positioning or moving loads in response to hand or audio signals from crew members.
• Load and move dirt, rocks, equipment, or other materials, using trucks, crawler tractors, power cranes, shovels, graders, or related equipment.
• Check fuel supplies at sites to ensure adequate availability.
• Drive and maneuver equipment equipped with blades in successive passes over working areas to remove topsoil, vegetation, or rocks or to distribute and level earth or terrain.
• Keep records of material or equipment usage or problems encountered.
• Align machines, cutterheads, or depth gauge makers with reference stakes and guidelines or ground or position equipment, following hand signals of other workers.
• Operate tractors or bulldozers to perform such tasks as clearing land, mixing sludge, trimming backfills, or building roadways or parking lots.
• Repair and maintain equipment, making emergency adjustments or assisting with major repairs as necessary.
• Connect hydraulic hoses, belts, mechanical linkages, or power takeoff shafts to tractors.
If you would like to join our team, please print, fill out, and submit the application below.